26th May 2021
To All MJD Clergy and Lay Faithful.
Re: MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER 3.0 + : 25th May — 7th June 2021
- Following the government’s announcement of the whole country being placed under stricter movement controls for two (2) weeks commencing 25th May until 7th June 2021, the Kementerian Perpaduan Negara has issued the tighter SOPs for Rumah lbadat Selain Islam as follows:
RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES & PROTOCOL:
- Attendance of not more than 12 persons permitted for places of worship with 1,000 capacity; and not more than 3 persons for those with below 1,000 capacity.
- Time of services: between 6.00 AM —- 2.00 PM and 4.00 PM to 8.00 PM.
- Sanitisation to be done for 30 minutes after each session of service.
- SOP compliance is monitored by officers from Jabatan Perpaduan Negara.
- With the above limitations, the meaninglessness of the above directive, more Covid-19 cases detected in parishes, and the alarming hike in daily positive cases reaching the all highest at 7289 (May 25th), all Masses in the MJD will be suspended until further notice.
- The Clergy are encouraged to offer daily masses in private for the pandemic to abate and for the suffering in the world.
- Online masses will continue to be broadcasted. The schedules are available on the webpage. Refer to the Social Communication Office.
- Funerals: The permitted numbers at the preparation of deceased is 5 persons only; only 10 at the wake; 12 at the last Rite; and finally 10 persons allowed at the crematorium or burial site.
Dear Fathers & People,
Continue to pray and make sacrifices for healing in the world and deliverance from this scourge.
Together Building His Kingdom
+ Rt. Rev. Bernard Paul, D.D.
Bishop of Malacca Johore Diocese