The first 5-year Pastoral Plan (2016-2020)
From the May 1 – 2, 2016 Diocesan Synod and the Peninsular Malaysia Pastoral Convention IV, held on October 2 – 5, 2016, the Diocese of Malacca Johore has opted for the following pastoral thrust:
Church as Communion of Families for the year 2016-2020,
seeks to be Creative, Inclusive, Bridge Building, Visionary & Missionary,
and to go forth as “disciples of Hope”
The Pastoral Focus for the next 5 years are:
- Deepening Faith (Fire Up the Embers) through Formations and Encounter Programmes.
- Building Believing Communities (Keep the Fire Burning) through Re-designing BECs approaches and offer alternatives.
- Awakening the Missionary Spirit (Light up Lives) through awareness that everything we do can be evangelistic opportunities.
- Adopt an E-approach Strategy in parishes, ministries, services and formations levels with the foundational components of the 4-Es: Emphasise the 4 components of Catholic Spirituality ie. ENCOUNTER, ENLIGHTNEMENT, EMPOWERMENT AND EVANGELISATION.
The Biblical Basis: Luke 4: 16-21
The second 5-year Pastoral Plan (2021-2026)
Pastoral Thrust for MJD
- Maintaining continuity from the first 5-year Pastoral Plan i.e. the 4E spirituality, the Communion of Families, that seeks to be Creative, Inclusive, Bridge-Building, Visionary and Missionary.
- Re-look at the current pandemic situation; Re-design strategies action; Re-direct to become a light of Hope.
|1. MJD’s Enlightenment Preparation:||See the Light.|
|2. MJD’s Prayer Preparation:||Light the Heart.|
|3. MJD’s Deepening Preparation:||Sustain the Light.|
|4. MJD’s Grassroot Preparation:||Spread the Light.|
|5. MJD’s V-M Preparation:||Beholding the bigger Light.|
|6. MJD’s Pilgrim Ground Preparation:||Merging of the Light.|